Development and Entitlements
Cities, such as Los Angeles, have very complex and intricate (or confusing) Planning and Zoning regulations and policies. The larger the project, the more regulations projects and applicants have to handle. For example, Los Angeles implements its General Plan through a multitude of tools. Their zoning regulations include not only the Municipal Zoning Code but also Community Plans, Specific Plans, Overlay Districts, Special Use Permits, Conditional Uses, Variances and other policy documents such as the Downtown Design Guide.
Englander Knabe & Allen will help guide your project through the maze of Planning and Zoning regulations. EK&A and its partnering services will offer ideas on how your project can more easily win the approval of the City staffs, Commissions and Council Offices. We will help clients show how their projects will improve the economic, social and /or physical well being of the City, thus making it easier for City decision makers to approve their project.
Example of Planning and Zoning services provided by Englander, Knabe & Allen:
• Help clients understand the City Planning and Zoning process;
• Work in teams to gain approval for clients;
• Help prepare and process applications;
• Set up both introductory and working meetings with City staff and Council offices;
• Work with Neighborhood Councils and Associations;
• Prepare and present materials for Public Hearings.